Should I put my photo on my business card?
|Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of adding your photo to a business card:
Here are some the advantages:
Here are some of the disadvantages:
- Cards with a photo on them are often placed on top of any pile of cards and are easier to locate later due to the fact that they usually have more color than the typical business card.
- Photos give prospects a chance to begin getting acquainted. People enjoy doing business with people they know. If you're in a business that requires a great deal of trust or confidentiality, anything you can do to seem approachable is helpful.
- A business card with your photo on it will help a new contact find you in a meeting or help to differentiate you in a group of people. If you often make initial contact with someone on the phone or via email, sending them a card with your photo on it before you meet in person is a thoughtful gesture.
- Photos add color and interest to an otherwise boring card.
- People make judgments based on the way we look, and it's more than just professional attire or the expression on your face. Your race, gender and age are also factors that may influence someone's choice to contact you.
- Photos add cost, not only in printing, but in having a good quality photo taken.
- Your hairdo and your clothing in your photo can date you. If you do not make new cards often (with updated photos), that can be a distinct disadvantage.